Alpha Ropes’ SSR single braid line is extremely versatile. This light, strong, abrasion-resistant and durable rope is popular among Olympic sailors and performance cruisers alike. SSR will not absorb water. It’s soft feel and no kink properties make SSR an all-around great sheet line. If you loved Maffioli’s Swiftcord and are looking for a replacement, SSR is nearly identical.
- Use SSR as any type of control line on dinghies and big boats. Main and jib sheets on dinghies, sport boats and keelboats.
- SSR has a very soft feeling, very nice to hold.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Dyneema SK78 and Cordura blend
- Dyneema provides its strength and high working loads, while the spun Cordura makes this line soft and easy to handle and cleat. Neither the Dyneema nor the Cordura absorb water, so the line remains light at all times.
End Termination: Melted
- The ends of SSR can easily be melted.
- SSR can be spliced with a 12-strand eye splice – Works especially well for mainsheets that terminate on becket, but when used for jib & spinnaker sheets we recommend tying on this type of line since the splice is somewhat bulky.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|