Alpha Ropes’ SSR single braid line is extremely versatile. This light, strong, abrasion-resistant and durable rope is popular among Olympic sailors and performance cruisers alike. SSR will not absorb water. It’s soft feel and no kink properties make SSR an all-around great sheet line. If you loved Maffioli’s Swiftcord and are looking for a replacement, SSR is nearly identical.
- Use SSR as any type of control line on dinghies and big boats. Main and jib sheets on dinghies, sport boats and keelboats.
- SSR has a very soft feeling, very nice to hold.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Dyneema SK78 and Cordura blend
- Dyneema provides its strength and high working loads, while the spun Cordura makes this line soft and easy to handle and cleat. Neither the Dyneema nor the Cordura absorb water, so the line remains light at all times.
End Termination: Melted
- The ends of SSR can easily be melted.
- SSR can be spliced with a 12-strand eye splice – Works especially well for mainsheets that terminate on becket, but when used for jib & spinnaker sheets we recommend tying on this type of line since the splice is somewhat bulky.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
- more than 1 year(s)
I had originally spliced the line but cut it off and seized it. the bury portion of the splice was bulky.
- Great feel
- Splice was bulky
One caveat is to make sure you know how to measure a line before buying, as this line appears fatter than it's true diameter when it doesn't have tension put on it (if you don't know how to measure a line, you do this buy putting tension on the line and using calipers).
Overall, worth the money to get one of the best all-around single braid line out there.
- feel, durability, and quality
Hi, this is Kyle from APS, and I'm here to share some of the characteristics of SSR Line by Alpha Ropes.
This is a single braid available in 5/32”, 3/16”, ¼”, 5/16”, and 3/8”, and in all these colors. It is a spliceable line. Some of the smaller diameters could be a real challenge but once you get into the ¼” or 3/16” on up doing a traditional 12 strand splice really isn't an issue. The materials, this is a blend of Dyneema DSK78 for your low-stretch, abrasion-resistant, low water absorption, and Cordura.
The Cordura adds more abrasion-resistance but its got this feel to it, this texture that makes this line really easy to hold on to. It's going to cleat in clam cleats and cam cleats and stay put. When you grab it wet it's easy to pull and keep your grip on it. This is the 5/32”. It's very flexible. Again, even in the small diameter it's easy to hold on to. Moving into 3/16”, and ¼”. Now we've got 5/16”, and the largest, the 3/8”, still very soft and flexible.
This is SSR Line by Alpha Ropes. For these and all of your line needs visit us at apsltd.com.