Take a look at what made the cut for the Mid Distance Sailing Packing List
As the sailing season gets back into full swing, many sailors will be gearing up for mid-distance races such as Annapolis to Bermuda and Newport to Bermuda — both excellent races to push personal and equipment limitations.
I’m sailing the Annapolis to Bermuda. For this race, I’ll be packing all (except for my foul weather gear, boots, and PFD) my gear into a 30 Liter gear bag for weight and space saving purposes.
What’s covered in the video:
Packing list for sun protection..
- (1) Patagonia Sol Patrol Shirt
- (2) APS Long Sleeve Tech Shirt
- (1) APS Short Sleeve Tech Shirt
- (1) Outdoor Research Sun Hat
- (1) Patagonia Sun Mask
- (1) Costa Del Mar Sunglasses
- and last but not least Z Block Sunscreen
Packing list for my every day wear..
- (2) Slam Hissar Shorts
- (1) Gill UV Tech Polo
- Patagonia Capilene Daily Boxers
- Sperry Topsider SeaRacer Shoes
Packing List for the cooler nights..
I chose a few key base layers and mid layers that work great underneath my foul weather gear.
- Zhik High-Vis Beanie
- Henri Lloyd Elite base layer (top and bottom)
- (1 pr) Smartwool Heavy Insulated Socks
- (1) Gill Microgrid Fleece
Packing list for accessories..
Curious about what foul weather gear I’m taking? Check back in with me in a few weeks.