Since 1935, Sperry's Authentic Original Shoe has been the blueprint for the classic American boat shoe. A hand-sewn tru-moc construction is the cornerstone of genuine nautical style. Not only are they comfortable, but they also feature stain and water resistant leather for increased durability.
A rubber non-marking outsole with razor-cut Wave-Siping increases traction on wet and dry surfaces. A 360 lacing system gives a secure comfort fit, and rustproof eyelets ensure a long lasting shoe perfect for days out on the water.
- Genuine hand sewn moccasin style boat shoe
- Stain and water resistant leather
- Rubber sole is non-marking
- Razor-cut Wave-Siping for ultimate dry/wet traction
- 360 Lacing System for secure fit
- Rust proof eyelets
- Shock absorbing EVA heel cup for added comfort
- Breathable perforated footbed
- Rawhide laces
|Recommended Use||Casual - On Land|
|Material / Fabric||Leather, EVA heel cup, Rubber sole|
The shoe is durable and comfortable, and because it has the white thicker soles as opposed to the thinner more grippy sport Sperry sole, the groves last much longer.
The main drawback to this shoe is that it is not a true sport sailing shoe, and if you are looking for high performance grip and flexibility out of your shoe you are probably better off looking elsewhere. This shoe is perfect for the casual cruiser who isn't going to be hanging on to their boat by a toehold. These shoes also do take a bit of wear to break them in and make them comfortable, but after that initial period they wear well.
- Appearance, Comfort, Durability
- Non-high performance, Need to be broken in