These are replacement parts for the Kenyon SP-2.2 spreaders. We have indluced instructions for the spreader kit below. These kits get rid of spreader slop due to wear on the mast and insure a 10 degree spreader back angle.
Sonar Spreader Bar and Standard Reinforcing Plate Kit
1. Remove old spreader bracket by drilling off rivet heads with a
3/16" drill bit. Tap the rest of the rivet out of the hole with a punch to
reduce the risk of enlarging the existing holes with the drill.
2. Rivet on the new spreader bracket plates. Make sure that both plates are
the same height from the bottom of the mast, and centered on the mast
centerline. When installed, the Spreader Bar slots should be directly opposite
3. Once the new bracket plates are installed, use the slots in the plates as
templates for cutting the aluminum mast wall. The easiest way to cut out the
aluminum is to drill several holes adjacent to each other and then finish the
job with a file.
4. After the slots are cut, the Spreader Bar should slide into the holes.
The bar might need the help of a mallet in order to get it in, for it should be
a tight fit. Be sure that the Spreader Bar, when installed, will line up so that
the spreaders will have an upward as well as aft angle. When the Spreader Bar is
installed all of the halyards, except the pole lift, should be aft of the bar.
5. Slide the spreaders over the Spreader Bar and check to see that the angle
of sweep is the same for both spreaders. If one side is different from the
other, the Spreader Bar is not centered and it needs to be moved slightly.
6. Once the spreader angle is correct check to see if the contour of the
inboard end of the spreader matches the base plate. If the two don’t match,
file down the spreaders as needed.
7. With the spreaders properly aligned and fitted, drill through the
Spreader Bar using the holes in the spreaders previously used for the old
spreader bracket. It is important to have the spreader pushed up against the
mast as tight as possible when drilling to insure a tight fit. Install the
spreader bolts and the job is complete.