We want your decoration to look fantastic, and
high quality artwork is required to do so. Basically, it boils down to the old saying,
"garbage in, garbage out." Here's what we mean...
Vector images (a.k.a. Object-Oriented or Draw-Images) are defined as a series of points joined by lines or formulas. Vector-based images are resolution independent, which means you can easily resize them from thumbnail size to billboard size and not lose an quality of your image. If you had your artwork created by a graphic designer, you more than likely can get your artwork in this format.
- File Extension usually reads - a.ai, .eps, or .cdr
- Convert all text to Curves prior to sending. This will avoid any problems with your fonts not matching ours.
- Want specific colors? Include them with your art work. We can match most Pantone numbers. If you have very specific colors, ask your graphic artist what your PMS (Pantone Matching System) colors are.
- See our color chart below for color examples.
Artwork not created by a graphic designer? It's likely a pixel-based file from a program such as Photoshop, Paint, Word, or etc using Clip Art and fonts. Pixel images (a.k.a. Raster Images) are made of individual dots (pixels.) When you zoom in, you can see individual squares that make the total image. Resizing these images, as seen above, produce a poor quality image. If you must send pixel based art, please
- Send us a clean .bmp, .jpg, .tif, .pdf, or .gif. file
- Resolution must be 300 dpi (dots per inch)
- Image must be as large or larger than the finished decoration as we cannot enlarge pixel-based art work (please see the example above).
- Poor pixel-based artwork will be subject to a vectorizing and/or art charge.
If you don't have art or the art you have does not meet our requirements, let us know. We may be able to do something in-house or suggest an experienced marine-focused designer to help realize your ideas.
There is a flat rate one-time art work fee charged for the time it takes. The good thing is, at the end, we will send you your improved artwork for future use. That way, the next time you order team gear, the artwork is ready!
PMS (Pantone Matching System) Colors Used For Printing
The Pantone Color Matching System is a standardized color reproduction
system that is used world-wide. By standardizing the
colors, people in different locations can refer to the Pantone system to
make sure colors match without direct contact with
Use this guide to assist your color selection and specification process. This chart is a reference guide
only. Pantone colors on
computer screens vary based on the graphics card and monitor used in your system. For true accuracy,
always use an original,
printed Pantone Color Publication.
PMS matching is generally used by companies and institutions that have
strict use guidelines for colors used in representing
their logo. The vast majority of our customers do not use PMS, but we do
offer it if needed.
If a strict color guideline is required, feel free to use this Reference Chart to assist your color selection and specification process.
Please Click here
PANTONE® and other Pantone, Inc. trademarks are the property of Pantone, Inc.