These wrist-high ChillBlocker Waterproof Gloves by Hanz are composed of three highly engineered layers; one for comfort, one for waterproofing and one for grip. This combination of materials provides a very soft, comfy, warm, stretch-to-fit glove that is suitable for a host of cold, wet, nasty outdoor conditions.
- Lining has sxpedition-weight double velour Polartec® Power Stretch® fleece
- Stretchable waterproof, breathable MVT membrane
- Nylon/Lycra® Spandex shell offers a durable, flexible, stretch covering
- Palms covered with abrasion-resistant grip dots
- Low-bulk, stretch-to-fit construction provides superior dexterity and tactility
- Seamless design provides the ultimate in performance and comfort
- Every glove is pressure tested to ensure it has no leaks
- Wrist high, stretch to fit, see sizing note below for specific sizing instructions
*Sizing Note: These gloves are made to be slightly larger than regular gloves for extreme cold conditions. If you prefer a snug fit, then order one glove size smaller than usual.
|Recommended Use||All Sailing, Cold Weather|
|Material / Fabric||Nylon/Lycra Spandex shell, waterproof MVT membrane|
These are the Hanz Chillblocker waterproof breathable insulated gloves. They are a nice fleece lined material on the inside. When I slide these on they're super comfy. You'll notice that these run very large. I'm an XL. These are an XL. I would certainly go down a size in these. I've got grip dots here on the palm. They're a little bit sticky, so for holding onto the wheel or grabbing the occasional line.
One thing about the membrane that's sandwiched between the insulated liner and the knit outer shell is that it doesn't like to be overly stretched. If they're wet you can't ring them tightly like this. You could do permanent damage to the liner or the waterproof breathable membrane. That also means that if you're doing a lot of sheet handling, if you're jumping halyards these gloves are probably not your first choice for that. That kind of continual use and being that athletic is just going to stress the membrane too much. If you're at the helm and you're just driving, what a nice glove in wet conditions. The Hanz Chillblocker waterproof breathable insulated glove.