The Clear Start Watch by Ronstan has all the aspects of a race timing covered plus useful everyday watch modes all within a comfortable casing that is exceedingly shock and water resistant.
Some of the key features of this watch include are the large buttons, easy to read display, and sync mode. Its advanced intuitive programing were designed specifically with the racing sailor in mind.
- 50mm diameter watch face
- Large 1/2" (13mm) digits which can be quickly viewed at a glance without taking your hand off the helm
- Preprogrammed with ISAF 5-4-1-0 and Match Racing start sequences but can also be programed for other countdown sequences if needed
- SYNChronization function - If you miss the gun, one push of a button allows you to resynchronize to the official race time at the next signal
- Multi-Line display; no need to switch between countdown and time modes
- End of Sequence, Countdown or Count up; watch can be set to repeat the countdown for rolling starts or can be set to count up to track elapsed time
- Loud intuitive lead up and start sound signals; can be turned off if desired
- Water resistant up to 150' (50m)
- Flexible polyurethane housing and band with Stainless Steel back
- Bright, full-face backlight makes it easy to read at night
- 12 or 24 hour time format
- Month/Day, or Day/Month format
- Daily Alarm
- Chronograph; including hours and time of day
- Shock resistant construction
- Battery saving mode
- Dual Batteries
Write Your Own Review
- Nice race watch with a flaw Review by JonathanHowell
I bought this as an upgrade from my classic Ronstan Clear Start watch. I needed something with a backlight for night sailing.
This has that, as well as a few extra features I wanted to see (Month/Date and Seconds display on the time screen) in a more compact and rugged case. It has a nice big display and I don't miss the face-mounted buttons yet.
I found one BIG flaw though. The button press combination to switch between time mode & race mode (where your countdown timers live) requires pressing two buttons at PRECISELY the same time. If you fail the simultaneous press, you either change the countdown sequence, advance the sequence settings, or it does nothing. Very frustrating.
(Posted on 3/22/2016)