This is not your average shock cord. Solcor has a reputation for durability, reliability and innovation making it the choice of quality shock cord.
Average shock cord Problem #1: The Core
Conventional stretch cord is manufactured from inexpensive and low specification multi-strand rubber. Given its formation and with its large surface area, each strand in a traditional stretch cord is particularly vulnerable to UV damage. Banded strands also provide a capillary path for corrosive seawater and harmful chemicals.
The Solcor Solution:
Solcor developed a solid EPDM core rubber formulated by mixing a range of polymers to produce a high quality product that is UV stabilized and more tolerant to harsh environmental conditions.
Average shock cord Problem #2: The cover
Traditional materials did not adequately protect the rubber interior allowing damage through UV penetration and contact with other destructive elements.
The Solcor Solution:
Solcor sourced a tightly braided 1000 denier polyester fabric pre-treated with a UV inhibitor to provide two barriers of protection.
Together the polyester cover and rubber core are impervious to UV, salt water/air, petroleum products and most caustic chemicals.
The Result: Solcor Industrial Strength Stretch Cord.
*Note: We have found the 3/16 in. to run a little small (a true 4mm).
- Applications include jib car lead systems, spinnaker pole trip line returns or anywhere you use traditional shock cord and need better performance.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The cover is made of a tightly braided 1,000 denier polyester fabric. The fabric has been pre-treated with a UV inhibitor to provide a protective barrier from the elements, including salt water, petroleum products, and most toxic chemicals.
Core Material: 100% Blended Elastomer
- The solid EPDM core rubber was formulated by mixing a range of polymers to produce a high quality product, that is UV stabilized and tolerant to harsh conditions such as; salt water and salt air, petroleum products and most caustic chemicals including chlorine. Solcor's solid core has been stretch tested to 200% of its own length.
End Termination: Cut and Melt
- We suggest cutting Solcor with a knife fist, then melting the cover - Melting the core is messy, smelly and unnecessary because of its solid core.
- Stretch Cored cannot be spliced.
- Stretch Cored cannot be stripped.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|