The Spinlock Deckvest 5D 275N Pro Sensor PFD is a high performance auto inflating life jacket and harness designed for frequent offshore use.
This 5D Deckvest includes a Pro Sensor inflation system. This system uses a compressed pater capsule that dissolves in water releasing a spring to inflate the inflation cylinder. The cap is designed so that only water flowing upwards will cause it to activate.
The 275N Buoyancy will benefit certain users and will upright a face down swimmer quicker than the 170N. It holds the user 2" higher out of the water and will support the extra weight of wet gear, tools, and equipment.
Comes with a Pylon Light™ for added security. This light is a high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light with a 23cm flexible antenna wand that gives improved visibility above head and water.
- High specification auto inflating lifejacket harness
- 275N (62lbs) of buoyancy - above the minimum recommended buoyance for offshore sailing
- Pro Sensor inflation system - water sensitive activation system with compressed paper capsule
- Very light, comfortable design for use over long periods
- Pylon Light™ - high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light
- Lume-On™ - Lifejacket bladder illumination lights included
- Sprayhood - to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
- Deck safety harness with soft loop safety line attachment point
- Compact and unobtrusive
- Double crotch straps
- Quick access emergency safety line cutter
- Unique 'Shoulder Fit System' flexes and locates ensuring correct fit on shoulders every time
- Back adjustment - hidden and non-snagging for easy, simple adjustment
- Through Life Support (TLS) Registration extends product warranty to 5 years
- Toggle attachment point for Chest Pack - DW-PCC (170N only)
- Mesh pocket for quick storage
- Attachment points for optional Spinlock chest packs
- Easily converts to 'manual only' firing head with a Manual Conversion Kit
- CE Approved ISO12402-3 Lifejacket
|Recommended Use||Overnight Sailing, Offshore Sailing|
Write Your Own Review
Whether you are sailing offshore, or around the coast, one of the most important items in your kit is going to be your life jacket. Not only does it act as protection when the weather pipes up, but it is also serves as peace of mind for you, and your loved ones on the shore. The Spinlock Deckvest 5D Pro Sensor was developed just for these needs in order to provide an inflatable life jacket for offshore sailing with a ton of built in features.
In its normal function, it is designed to be lightweight and ergonomic to provide ease of movement. With three points of adjustment it fits close to the body while not being bulky.
This Spinlock Deckvest comes with thigh straps, which allows the jacket to sit in the proper position at all times. It has a stretch pocket on one of the sides that is large enough for storage of a strobe or another personal safety device. On the inside of the vest, there is a pocket for the attached emergency line cutter.
With a built in high tensile soft loop for the safety harness, you can be assured that you will stay on the boat while tethered in.
There is also a window to make sure the activation unit is still functional.
The Pro sensor is activated through contact with water. A paper element dissolves to release the mechanism that punctures the gas cylinder inflating the bladder of the life jacket.
Although water activated, the unit is designed to keep rain water or waves from setting off the gas by only allowing water to enter the sensor from the bottom of the unit. However, if you are not looking for an automatic inflation, this jacket can also be converted to manual.
The bladder is a high visible yellow to increase safety and your chances of being seen while in the water. There is a spray hood attached, which is folded down over top the head to keep water off the face which secures around the bottom of each side of the bladder.
Once inflated, the pylon light also automatically deploys increasing visibility for not only the person in the water, but also acting as a strobe for rescue crews. Lastly, there is a whistle attached to the bladder providing another signaling device.
While it may not be the cheapestinflatable in the category, the amount of built in safety features, and harness, it certainly is worth the extra price. So if you’re an offshore or coastal sailor looking for a jacket with every feature one could want, I would highly recommend the Spinlock Deckvest 5D Pro Sensor.