FSE Robline's 8 Plait Pro is a pre-stretched line with a great feel. The Polyester and Taslam blended cover makes for a fantastic hold in hands and cleats. The stretch is very low, making it a great control line. Some proven benefits of 8 Plait Pro include its compactness, dimensional stability and minimal water absorption. This line makes an especially good dinghy spinnaker halyard thanks to its shape and stability, however also works well as any control line on dinghies and small keelboats.
- Common applications for 8 Plait Pro include dinghies and small keelboat travelers, backstay adjusters, outhauls, topping lifts, spinnaker halyards and more.
- This line is nubby and very grippy allowing it to hold very well in both hands and cleats. It is a little stiff, which allows it to travel through blocks quickly and reduce kinking.
Cover Material: Polyester/ Taslan
- 8 Plait Pro features a polyester and Taslan nylon blend. The combination of these two fibers produces a great cover, which is comfortable and nice to hold.
Core Material: Polyester
- A Pre-stretched polyester core gives this line its long lasting shape. The core is not coated, and is not durable enough to be stripped.
End Termination: Melted
- Melts easily. Use knots to terminate. If installing in permanent position, hog rings can be used to secure.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Cover Material||Poyester, Nylon|
I also use 8 plait pro for a number of applications on my Thistle. I have it for most of the forward control lines like the jib halyard fine tune, the topping lift and the cunningham. I also use this for a spinnaker halyard on the thistle, and the stiffness is great there because it helps it really zing through the cleat system during douses.
- Not that soft
Hi this is Kyle from APS, and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of 8 Plait Pro Line by FSE Robline.
This line is available in three colors and in three diameters, 5/32”, 3/16” and ¼”.
It is a little on the stiff side, but it's still very flexible. The cover is quite grippy. It is a blend of polyester and Taslan, like a nylon. Somehow, that just gives it a texture that's very unique and a little bit more grippable. Then, the core is a parallel core of polyester.
It's not a strippable line nor spliceable, you would tie this on, but it makes it an excellent ... Actually on a dinghy from travelers, to control lines, to halyards, this would be a wonderful choice. It would hold well in cleats. This is the 5/32”. Still has a nice kind of grip feeling. This is the 3/16”. And lastly, this is the ¼” inch.
This is 8 Plait Pro from FSE Robline. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com