The Coppa 3000 by FSE Robline combines a secure holding blended cover with a high breaking force Dyneema core.
Its 16-plait cover made from PES staple fiber and XLF is spliceable, easy to handle and super grippy. Its 12-strand core of Dyneema SK78 ensures maximum breaking forces, low stretch, and minimal creep.
- Great for all sheets on dinghies including tapered sheets. Not recommended for highly loaded lines trimmed on winches extensively (genoa sheets on J24 for instance, or on boats over 30’), fuzzy cover will wear on winches over time, but will hold up fine to moderate winch use (keelboat spin sheets).
- This line is very flexible. The cover has great grip, feels good in hand, a little bit fuzzy feeling.
Cover Material: Polyester/Polypropylene
- Its 16-plait cover made from PES staple fiber and XLF is readily spliceable. The staple fiber used in the cover makes this rope super grippy and the open weave makes it nice to handle.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- Its 12-strand core of Dyneema SK-78 ensures high breaking loads, low stretch, and minimal creep. The core is coated and has tight weave that holds up well when stripped.
End Termination: Melted
- Cover will melt easily to seal end, but consider whipping to prevent core from sticking out the end.
- Can be easily spliced with high tech double braid splice.
- Easily stripped and tapered for additional weight savings.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Cover Material||Poyester, Polypropylene|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|
Hi, this is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Coppa 300 line by FSE Robline.
This available in two diameters, 1/4" and 5/16" and in three color ways. This is a double braid construction, it has a blend of polypropylene and polyester. Polypropylene to keep the weight down because it doesn't absorb water, polyester for durability. It's got a fuzzy finish to it, if you can see this, it's really soft in the hands and then you add the fuzziness to it and it's really easy to grip this line, very nice feel.
The core is a DSK 78 pure Dyneema core. You can use this right off the spool, fantastic for sheets, spinnaker sheets, can be used for main sheets, especially for spin sheets where you want to get the weight down on the ends. You can strip the jacket back and bury that into the core, keeping the ends very light. With the core exposed, you can do a 12 strand eye splice and if you do not strip it, you can do a traditional high tech eye splice.
This is the 1/4", again, really soft in the hands, almost like a cashmere kind of feel, but still durable. It's the core, 1/4". Then back to the 5/16", just very soft and the core, pure DSK 78.
This is Coppa 3000 by FSE Robline. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSLTD.com.