FSE Robline Dinghy Control Line is an all-around high-tech line used for any type of control line on dinghies, sportboats, or small keelboats. It is the most popular control line we sell. It works great on all types of dinghy vangs, travelers, outhauls, etc. Dinghy control makes a great halyard line on dinghies as well thanks to its low stretch Dyneema core.
- Great spinnaker halyard line on dinghies, small keelboats and sportboats like a J22, J70 etc. The stiff cover helps it zip down during douses. Runs well through blocks making it great for all control lines.
- Dinghy control has smooth, tightly woven cover creating a fairly stiff.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The super tightly woven 32-plait polyester cover makes it a very durable, fairly stiff line. Because of these characteristics, the cover works great in cleats, and runs quickly through purchase systems and blocks. Cover can be stripped, but is difficult to do smooth transition.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- The Dyneema SK-78 core is coated and tightly woven, which helps the core stand up to the elements in applications where cover is stripped. The color-coded core also makes it easily recognizable in complex boat handling situations.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends melt easily for line termination.
- Very difficult to splice. However, if an eye splice is needed for a halyard, you can strip back the cover a couple inches and whip the end securely in place. Then you can 12-strand eye splice the core to the halyard shackle, etc.
- Can be stripped but difficult to make a smooth transition.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|