FSE Robline Dinghy Control Line is an all-around high-tech line used for any type of control line on dinghies, sportboats, or small keelboats. It is the most popular control line we sell. It works great on all types of dinghy vangs, travelers, outhauls, etc. Dinghy control makes a great halyard line on dinghies as well thanks to its low stretch Dyneema core.
- Great spinnaker halyard line on dinghies, small keelboats and sportboats like a J22, J70 etc. The stiff cover helps it zip down during douses. Runs well through blocks making it great for all control lines.
- Dinghy control has smooth, tightly woven cover creating a fairly stiff.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The super tightly woven 32-plait polyester cover makes it a very durable, fairly stiff line. Because of these characteristics, the cover works great in cleats, and runs quickly through purchase systems and blocks. Cover can be stripped, but is difficult to do smooth transition.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- The Dyneema SK-78 core is coated and tightly woven, which helps the core stand up to the elements in applications where cover is stripped. The color-coded core also makes it easily recognizable in complex boat handling situations.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends melt easily for line termination.
- Very difficult to splice. However, if an eye splice is needed for a halyard, you can strip back the cover a couple inches and whip the end securely in place. Then you can 12-strand eye splice the core to the halyard shackle, etc.
- Can be stripped but difficult to make a smooth transition.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|
Write Your Own Review
FSE Robline is a manufacturer out Austria of whose lines have been becoming more commonplace on US boats in the past few years. They offer a wide range of lines from dinghy sheets to high tech PBO halyards. For 2009 APS will be adding their Dinghy Control line to our offering.
Dinghy Control line is made from a SK75 Dyneema core with a polyester cover. The cover is a hard wearing 32 carrier braid that I think feels like some of the most durable cover I've ever held. It accomplishes this durability without becoming stiff - even with the tightly woven cover the line remains quite flexible.
The Dyneema core is color coated - enabling the cover to be stripped back for reduced weight and water absorption. Dinghy Control is available in red, blue, green & yellow - all with the same white/color checker pattern shown in the blue line pictured above.
I think this line will make an excellent control line for boats up to 30 ft or so. I know, you could have figured that just from its name. So FSE Robline isn't exactly into fancy names - that's a good thing I say. The cover is super durable and easy to grip. The ability to strip the cover and have a coated core offers extra advantages to the go fast guys who need to trim weight whenever possible.
Look for this line to be available from APS starting this spring and to be used in some of our custom one design rigging. We'll be offering it in both 5mm and 6mm.