Robline's Dinghy Vectran gives dinghy sailors a fantastic halyard line with minimal stretch and high breaking load characteristics by exploiting Vectran's best properties in the core.
- Great dinghy halyard line. Designed specifically to be a halyard line on small dinghies, as well as sail ties for Opti and Sunfish. Can be stripped and spliced for ultra-strong and light dinghy halyards.
- The stiff construction helps keep sail ties in a loop to make sliding spars through easier when putting your sail on.
Cover Material: Polyester
- Dinghy Vectran has a smooth, tightly woven cover that adds to the lines overall durability.
Core Material: Vectran 12-strand
- It is specially coated, 12-strand Vectran core that resists UV rays and abrasion. Vectran has zero creep, which means your halyards will not irreversibly stretch.
End Termination: Cut
- Vectran core will not melt – can either cut core short of cover and melt cover together or whip end of line to secure.
Spliceable: Yes (see note)
- Very difficult to splice. If eye splice needed for halyard can strip cover back a couple inches at end & whipped down. 5/32” can be spliced; smaller sizes are too small for splicing.
Strippable: Yes (see note)
- Cover could be stripped on 5/32” but not necessarily recommended unless extreme weight savings is needed – in such small sizes the Vectran will suffer from abrasion & UV damage, reducing the life of your halyard.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|