This Garmin handheld GPS is for sailors and outdoor enthusiasts who want to explore with the best.
The rugged GPSMAP 78sc includes preloaded U.S. coastal charts and features a 3-axis compass, barometric altimeter, crisp color mapping, a high-sensitivity receiver, new molded rubber side grips, plus a microSD™ card slot for loading additional maps. And it floats!
Features a bright 2.6-inch LCD color display with built-in worldwide basemap and GPS receiver with HotFix.
The device is fully waterproof, includes a built-in microSD card slot for loading additional maps and has a dedicated MOB (man over board) button.
Comes preloaded with coastal charts for the United States - including Alaska, Hawaii and Explorer Chart data for the Bahamas. Also offers wireless route and waypoint sharing with other compatible units.
- WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix
- Rugged, waterproof (IEC 60529 IPX7)
- Worldwide built-in basemap with shaded relief
- 1.7 GB of internal memory, plus microSD card slot for optional mapping and data storage
- Wirelessly share thumbnails, routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches between compatible units
- Bright 2.6" LCD sunlight readable color display (160 x 240 pixels)
- 3-axis compass, provides accurate heading even when the unit is not held level
- Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes to pinpoint your precise altitude and to help monitor weather
- High-speed USB interface and NMEA 0183
- Up to 20 hours of battery life; battery type: 2AA (not included) NiMH or lithium recommended
Package Includes: Unit, USB cable, wrist strap and quick start manual
|Weight (oz)||7.7 with batteries|