The Mustang Hydrostatic Activation Inflatable PFD with harness is the flotation solution for any sailor looking for performance and reliability that they can trust their life to.
It will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not prematurely due to rain, spray or humidity. No inflator maintenance is required for 5 years unless the PFD has been inflated. You can easily view the inflator status and replacement date through the safety inspection window. Green indicates ready for use.
This lightweight and comfortable PFD can be worn over a T-shirt on warm days or over thicker garments in colder conditions. It is low profile and allows for maximum mobility.
- U.S. Coast Guard Approved: Type V w/ Type III Performance
- 1F auto hydrostatic inflator technology
- D-ring for kill-switch attachment
- Double D-ring for tethering
- Inflator is maintenance-free for 5 years from date of manufacture
- SecureZipTM closure Lightweight and comfortable design
- Provides 35lbs of buoyancy when inflated
- Fluorescent yellow-green inflation bladder for improved visibility in rescue situations
- Status indicator window: green means it's ready to go
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on bladder
- Backup oral inflation tube
- Neoprene Comfort Collar™
- Size: Chest Size: 30-52 in for persons at least 16 years of age and >80 lbs
|Recommended Use||Day Sailing, Overnight Sailing, Offshore Sailing, Keelboat Racing|
I cannot attest to the effectiveness of the inflation mechanism, because I fortunately never fell off of the boat while wearing them, but I would trust that Mustang knows what they are doing in that regard.
- Not bulky, Relatively Comfortable
- Not sure what it is like inflated