Excel Control Line by Marlow Ropes is a small diameter rope specifically designed for use as a continuous control line. It features a durable Technora and Polyester cover with lightweight Polypropylene core. The construction creates a strong line that can be spliced and tapered easily.
Created for use as a continuous control line, Marlow Excel Control can be snaked through blocks, leads and bulkheads. Use it for your dinghy and small keelboat under-deck purchase systems, continuous boom vangs or travelers.
- Excel Control line was created specifically for continuous control lines.
- The Polyester yarn of its snakeskin cover can create a perfect end-to-end splice with no diameter increase, so even the splice can glide through the tight spots.
- Excel Control is a fairly stiff line with a bumpy texture great for grip.
Cover Material: Technora/Polyester
- The tough tightly woven Technora and polyester blend cover creates abrasion resistant line, which is super durable on the outside.
Core Material: Polypropylene
- A lightweight uncoated Polypropylene core makes it lightweight, water resistant, and sturdy on the inside. This core helps the line keeps its shape.
End Termination: Melted
- Marlow’s control line can be melted at the ends for line termination.
- Excel Control can easily be used to create an end-to-end splice with no diameter increase.
- This cover cannot be stripped.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Cover Material||Poyester, Technora|