Marlow Excel Fusion is a soft to the touch, easy on your hands Dyneema blended double braided line. Its lightweight cover does not absorb water and is easy to taper. Excel Fusion has a blend of Dyneema and Polypropylene to resist abrasion and heat (melting) under high loads.
Great for mainsheets on any boat, jib sheets on dinghies and sport boats and lightweight spinnaker sheets on dinghies and small keelboats like the Melges 24. We recommend washing before use to remove soaps left by the manufacturing process.
- Excel Fusion is lightweight and can be used as a covered sheet, or the cover could be stripped back at the ends to save weight through the mainsheet purchase or the spinnaker sheet. Easily tapered for weight savings in areas that are not handled.
- The cover has a soft feel, good for handling. Excel Fusion is also a very flexible line that will not compress or lose its shape.
Cover Material: Dyneema SK-75/Polypropylene Blend
- The Dyneema/Polypropylene blended cover does not absorb water and is easy to taper. The cover texture makes it easy to hold under load and none of the materials absorb water so it stays light.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-75
- The Dyneema SK75 is pre-stretched, low stretch and lightweight. The core is coated and prepped for stripping and generally smaller than average for a given cover diameter. That means the cover is thicker, allowing more weight savings when stripped. The size difference can make the line slightly challenging to splice, but it can be done.
End Termination: Melted
- The ends can be melted together. Whipping recommend for a more secure termination.
- Challenging to splice due to size difference in cover and core, however possible. High-tech Double Braid Splice.
- Easily tapered to further reduce sheet weight.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Cover Material||Dyneema / Spectra, Polypropylene|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|