Marlow's Excel Pro is available in a range of sizes and colors making it a great control or utility line. With a polyester cover and polyester core, this line is low stretch and durable. Flexibility allows it to run well through blocks while holding well in cleats making it idea for dinghy halyards and control lines.
- Use Excel Pro for control lines of all types, including dinghy halyards. Works well as a utility line for both big boats and dinghies.
- Excel Pro is a smooth and flexible line.
Cover Material: Polyester
- A durable 16-plait polyester cover makes Excel Pro smooth and long wearing. Available in a variety of colors making it perfect for control line identification.
Core Material: Polyester
- The polyester core is a parallel fiber construction giving this line its low-stretch and flexible properties.
End Termination: Melted
- The ends of Excel Pro are easily melted for termination.
- The size and construction of Excel Pro makes it hard to splice.
- Cannot be stripped due to construction and materials.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
This line held up for a good while and didn't fail on us. The only downside is that it is a bit slick.
- slickness of cover
Hi, this is Kyle from APS. I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Excel Pro Line by Marlow Ropes.
This line is available in five colors, six diameters starting with this really small 1/12”. Then we go to 1/8”, 5/32”, 3/16”, ¼”. There's also a 5/16” size. This is an all polyester line, great for any halyard or control line on a dinghy, smaller control lines on a big boat or some utilitarian applications. It has a smooth 16-plate cover which is very hard-wearing. Then the core is a parallel polyester core. It is not spliceable, nor strippable. This would be tied into place. Whether it's sail ties for an optimist club racer with the 1/12” inch, we got the 1/8” inch and move to the 5/32”, and 3/16” and the ¼” inch.
This is Excel Pro Line by Marlow Ropes. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSLTD.com.