Marlow's Excel Racing Line is small diameter high tech double braid line. Made of Polyester and Dyneema, this combination creates a low-stretch and high-strength line. Extremely durable with a longer life than similar lines, Excel Racing has low water absorption (limited to the cover).
Excel Racing works well for a variety of control lines and is flexible enough to fit through tight radius blocks. Distinctive colors make this line easily identifiable when racing. Especially useful on dinghy and sport boats, this line can be found as light air sheets and spinnaker halyards, tapered dinghy spinnaker sheets and halyards
- Marlow Ropes Excel Racing line will not compress, making it ideal for v-cleats and cam cleats. Recommended for use as control lines, sport boat light air sheets, or dinghy halyards and sport boat spinnaker halyards.
- With a slightly nubby cover for grip, Excel Racing is a compact and stiff, yet flexible line.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The tightly woven 16-plait polyester cover makes Excel Racing durable and easy to grip even in small diameters. Holds up well to abrasion.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- A coated 12-strand Dyneema SK-78 core is pre-stretched ensuring this line will have minimal stretch when in use. The core also provides for a high-strength line that will not compress.
End Termination: Melted
- Excel Racing can be melted for line termination.
- A traditional covered eye splice is not recommended due to small diameter and tight cover weave. For 5/32" and larger, the cover can be stripped back a couple inches for a 12-strand eye splice in core if needed.
- Stripping the cover is possible on 5/32" and larger, but it is very difficult to smoothly taper the transition - often the cover is just whipped down. Recommend keeping line covered unless extreme weight savings is needed.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|*Available in Blue only|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|