Marlow's Excel Racing Line is small diameter high tech double braid line. Made of Polyester and Dyneema, this combination creates a low-stretch and high-strength line. Extremely durable with a longer life than similar lines, Excel Racing has low water absorption (limited to the cover).
Excel Racing works well for a variety of control lines and is flexible enough to fit through tight radius blocks. Distinctive colors make this line easily identifiable when racing. Especially useful on dinghy and sport boats, this line can be found as light air sheets and spinnaker halyards, tapered dinghy spinnaker sheets and halyards
- Marlow Ropes Excel Racing line will not compress, making it ideal for v-cleats and cam cleats. Recommended for use as control lines, sport boat light air sheets, or dinghy halyards and sport boat spinnaker halyards.
- With a slightly nubby cover for grip, Excel Racing is a compact and stiff, yet flexible line.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The tightly woven 16-plait polyester cover makes Excel Racing durable and easy to grip even in small diameters. Holds up well to abrasion.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- The Dyneema SK-78 ensures this line will have minimal stretch when in use. The 1/16” and 1/12” have uncoated parallel cores, and the larger diameters have braided and coated cores.
End Termination: Melted
- Excel Racing can be melted for line termination.
- A traditional covered eye splice is not recommended due to small diameter and tight cover weave. For 5/32" and larger, the cover can be stripped back a couple inches for a 12-strand eye splice in core if needed. The 1/16” and 1/12” have uncoated parallel cores and are not splicable
- Stripping the cover is possible on 5/32" and larger, but it is very difficult to smoothly taper the transition - often the cover is just whipped down. Recommend keeping line covered unless extreme weight savings is needed.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|*Available in Blue only|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
Hi, this is Kyle from APS, and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Excel Racing Line by Marlow Ropes.
This is available in three colors and four diameters. The 1/12”, the 1/8”, 5/32”, and 3/16”. This has a 16-plate woven cover, which means it's a smoother finish, hard wearing, and the core of this is a Dyneema DSK 78. On the two smaller diameters, the 1/12” and 1/8”, it's not anticipated that you would try and actually splice this or strip it, so it is a parallel core, and it's uncoated. That's the 1/12”, and this is the 1/8”, again with the parallel core. Then once you get into the 5/32” and the 3/16”, they've gone to a braided core that's coated so you can strip the jacket back on this if you like and bury it in there and really lighten these up, whether it's a control line, spin sheets, really small spin sheets that you wanted the ends to be very light on. You can be really inventive with this stuff.
Doing a high tech eye splice in this can be done. It's a little tight. A lot of times, we would actually stop the cover there and just do a core to core splice. It's just a little too difficult to get the cover back in there. That's the 5/32” and the 3/16”.
This is Excel Racing line by Marlow Ropes. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.