Marlow Ropes Excel Vectran features a 100% Vectran core, which means it has no stretch. Specifically made for Optimist or Sunfish sail ties. Black polyester cover is "nubby" and holds knots efficiently. Excel Vectran can be purchased by the foot or reel.
- Marlow Excel Vectran is used primarily as Optimist and Sunfish sail ties.
- A very nubby and stiff line with a grippy texture. The stiff loops are easier to slide over spars, making it easy to install your sail.
Cover Material: Polyester
- A tightly woven polyester cover allows this line to remain very stiff over time.
Core Material: Vectran
- The 100% Vectran core means the line will have no stretch.
End Termination: Cover: Melted, Core: Cut
- Vectran will not melt because of its very small diameter; however, the polyester cover will usually melt around it and seal the end.
- Cannot be spliced due to small diameter.
- Cannot be stripped due to small diameter.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
If there was just one con it would be that it is a very specific purpose line. So it cannot be used for much other applications on the boat.
Now keep in mind these should not be used for corner ties! They are not made for that purpose.
Pro tip: Make sure each sail tie is long enough to wrap around the mast/boom twice; this will double the strength.
- Low stretch, strong
- Not mutipurpose
Hi. This is Kyle from APS, and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Excel Vectran Line by Marlow Ropes.
Available in one color and then two diameters: this really really tiny 1/16” and the 1/8”. This has a polyester jacket and for it's small size, they've been able to give the polyester jacket a little bit of nub, which means you can get a grip on it, and when you tie knots then tend to stay in place. If the line was a lot smoother, maybe the knots would slip.
It is, again, a polyester jacket. It has a braided Vectran core. It's not intended really for stripping or for eye splicing. We sell this mostly and almost all the time for racing Optimists for sail ties, for tying the middle sail ties and the corner sail ties, also for racing Sunfish. Instead of using clips they'll use this. We've had some people use this for some other applications where they wanted the high-tech Vectran no stretch, no creep situation where they could do some tie on applications. Bit of a niche line here.
This is the Excel Vectran Line by Marlow Ropes. For these and all your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.