Marlow Ropes Excel Vectran features a 100% Vectran core, which means it has no stretch. Specifically made for Optimist or Sunfish sail ties. Black polyester cover is "nubby" and holds knots efficiently. Excel Vectran can be purchased by the foot or reel.
- Marlow Excel Vectran is used primarily as Optimist and Sunfish sail ties.
- A very nubby and stiff line with a grippy texture. The stiff loops are easier to slide over spars, making it easy to install your sail.
Cover Material: Polyester
- A tightly woven polyester cover allows this line to remain very stiff over time.
Core Material: Vectran
- The 100% Vectran core means the line will have no stretch.
End Termination: Cover: Melted, Core: Cut
- Vectran will not melt because of its very small diameter; however, the polyester cover will usually melt around it and seal the end.
- Cannot be spliced due to small diameter.
- Cannot be stripped due to small diameter.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|