Marlow Ropes' Marstron Line is a lightweight polypropylene single braid that is soft to handle and easy to coil. Marston floats and does not kink. This fast running and buoyant line is often used for Laser or Optimist painters, or bowlines. In cases where stretch and durability are not a factor, Marston can be used as a dinghy or small keelboat mainsheet. Due to the make of the line, Marstron should be covered or stored inside when not in use. UV damage will degrade the line making it weaker and unpleasant to hold.
- Great for dinghy painters or small keelboat mainsheets, where stretch is not a concern.
- Marstron is a nubby line with a soft feel, great for grip and soft to handle.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Polypropylene
- The 8-plait continuous-filament Polypropylene construction is lightweight, flexible, easy to coil and soft to handle. While Polypropylene floats and will not absorb water, be aware of moderate stretch and lower UV stability and abrasion resistance.
End Termination: Melted
- Marstron melts easily for line termination.
- Construction of line makes splicing too difficult.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Painter/Tow Line|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|