Novatec's Shock Cord is the best bungee we've found. Tough marine grade polyester cover protects the elastic core from abrasion and sun exposure. In general, you'll want to keep the shock cord stretched between 30% and 80% of its length. (Below 30% stretch, return the force is too low and above 80% you're approaching maximum stretch.) A good rule is to buy a length of shock cord twice as long as the "throw" in your system, then set it up so the shock cord is 30% stretched in its most-eased position. The largest sizes exert a return force of approximately 10 lbs. at 100% stretch.
- Many uses across cruising or racing applications, dinghies and keelboats. Keep doors from banging around down below, secure covers for storage, provide return for your jib car system and spinnaker poles, or keep your hiking straps in easy reach.
- Smooth cover gives durable protection.
Cover Material: Polyester
- Tough polyester cover is made of braided and colorfast, solution dyed yarns to provide superior protection against abrasion and UV damage.
Core Material: Blended Elastomer
- Minimum 100% stretch with high elasticity. This natural rubber, blended elastomer yields 85 to 100% elongation and recovery even after exposure to freezing conditions.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends can be melted for termination. Beware of strong odor.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|