New England Ropes' Abrasion Resistant Cover, or ARC, blends the abrasion resistance of Technora, the proven heat resistance of Nomex, and the durability and UV protection of Polyester.
This cover is made specifically for high load, high abrasion applications.
- The ARC is meant for use on lines with high loads and high abrasion. Common applications include runner tales, mainsheets, genoa sheets, spinnaker sheets or any highly loaded line on a winch.
- The very tightly woven cover has a slightly soft feel in hands.
Cover Material: Technora/Nomex/Polyester Blend
- ARC’s high tech blend of Technora, Nomex and Polyester create a cover that will stand up to abrasion, heat and UV damage. ARC prevents surface melting and surging when a line is released under very high loads, and the Nomex improves grip and handling.
Core Material: N/A
- ARC comes off the spool with a polyester core for filler- use the small core to install a Dyneema or Vectran core.
End Termination: Cut with end whip
- ARC cannot be melted. Termination will require a whip.
- The ARC can be spliceable when cover is installed with a high tech double braid splice.
- Cover can be installed over whole length of core, or install only part and leave part of the new core uncovered, creating a stripped line.
|Cover Size||Accepts Core (Inches)||Accepts Core (Millimeters)|
|5/16" (8mm)||3/16" - 1/4"||5mm - 6mm|
|3/8" - 7/16" (10mm)||5/16"||8mm|
|Line Application||Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Spinnaker Guy, Running Backstay|
|Line Construction||Cover Only|
|Cover Material||Poyester, Technora, Nomex|
Hi, this is Kyle from APS. I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of ARC Abrasion Resistant Cover.
This is available in three colors and in two diameters. What's this line all about? It is for applications where things are under tremendous load being eased or winched in under loads, and a traditional polyester jacket just cannot handle the amount of friction and the amount of heat that's being generated. They basically just obliterate or melt away. What this is is a blend of three things, Nomex, a very heat-resistant, we have Technora, very abrasion-resistant, and then we have the polyester which is UV stable, and pulls it all together. It's a really rock solid combination.
It comes to us as a double braid. The core that's in there is braided but it's sacrificial, it's only in there so that we can attach a new single braid and pull it through very easily. It's just a leader. We would pull through some DSK78 or DSK90 Dyneema or pure Vectran core, and we would cover the areas that are winched and cleated and clutched and handled. We may leave the rest of it uncovered to save on weight and just bury this. If we cover the entire length once you pull it tight on the new core you can do a double braid high-tech splice. Just know this jacket's not very forgiving in terms of bulking it up so getting that last part of the eye in there can be difficult. Sometimes we end up having to just do a core-to-core splice and end the jacket there.
The two sizes, we have this which is 5/16” which will accept a 3/16” to ¼” core, and you end up with a 5/16” finished. Then we have the 3/8” to 7/16” cover size that will accept a 5/16” core.
This is ARC Abrasion Resistant Cover by New England Ropes. For this and all of your line needs visit us apsltd.com.