New England Ropes' Abrasion Resistant Cover, or ARC, blends the abrasion resistance of Technora, the proven heat resistance of Nomex, and the durability and UV protection of Polyester.
This cover is made specifically for high load, high abrasion applications.
- The ARC is meant for use on lines with high loads and high abrasion. Common applications include runner tales, mainsheets, genoa sheets, spinnaker sheets or any highly loaded line on a winch.
- The very tightly woven cover has a slightly soft feel in hands.
Cover Material: Technora/Nomex/Polyester Blend
- ARC’s high tech blend of Technora, Nomex and Polyester create a cover that will stand up to abrasion, heat and UV damage. ARC prevents surface melting and surging when a line is released under very high loads, and the Nomex improves grip and handling.
Core Material: N/A
- ARC comes off the spool with a polyester core for filler- use the small core to install a Dyneema or Vectran core.
End Termination: Cut with end whip
- ARC cannot be melted. Termination will require a whip.
- The ARC can be spliceable when cover is installed with a high tech double braid splice.
- Cover can be installed over whole length of core, or install only part and leave part of the new core uncovered, creating a stripped line.
|Cover Size||Accepts Core (Inches)||Accepts Core (Millimeters)|
|5/16" (8mm)||3/16" - 1/4"||5mm - 6mm|
|3/8" - 7/16" (10mm)||5/16"||8mm|
|Line Application||Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Spinnaker Guy, Running Backstay|
|Line Construction||Cover Only|
|Cover Material||Poyester, Technora, Nomex|