Dinghy and small boat mainsheet trimmers and helmsmen all choose New England Ropes Buzz Line. The Polyester/Polypropylene Blended single braid line holds firm in cleats and runs smoothly through blocks making it a good mainsheet or dinghy jib sheet.
Whether used as a dinghy mainsheet or keelboat fine tune mainsheet, this will be your hand’s new favorite line. Buzz Line retains its round shape over time and is low-kink. Perfect for both racing and recreational mainsheets on Lasers, Sunfish, J22's and J24's or even jib sheets on C420' or Vanguard 15's.
- Buzz Line is most often used as a dinghy or small keelboat mainsheets or dinghy jib sheets.
- Buzz line has a super soft feel with slightly nubby feel for grip that holds up over time. The line is smooth running and flexible.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Polyester/Polypropylene
- It is made of a unique combination of spun Polyester, which makes it fuzzy, and multi-filament Polypropylene, which makes it soft, lightweight, and buoyant. The tightly woven construction prevents flattening and allows the line to retain its round shape allowing for better grip and ease of cleating.
End Termination: Melted
- Buzz Line's ends can easily be melted.
- Splicing is nearly impossible due to the tight weave and not recommended.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|
|Core Material||Polyester, Polypropylene|
- Low Water Absorbtion
Buzzline is comfortable in the hand, slightly slippery and fuzzy at the same time. Works well as a Sunfish mainsheet because it does not absorb a lot of water. No wet heavy messy spaghetti line to get fouled up in the cockpit!
You cannot splice Buzzline, so be prepared to tie bowlines for your attachment points.
- Durable, Nice in Hand
- cannot splice
Hi, this is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of buzz line by New England Rose.
Buzz line is available in two different diameters in these two colors, the 9/32” and in these, the 5/16”. It was designed primarily as a dingy or small keel boat main sheet or head sail sheet, but mostly as a main sheet. It is a single braid construction. It's a blend of polypropylene, which is non-water absorbing and polyester, which adds the durability and lower stretch. It has a little bit of a fuzzy finish. Just slightly, which gives it a little bit more grip. It is a tightly woven ... Well, medium woven single braid. It is not spliceable. We have had some people do it but it's difficult at best, so generally this is a line that's going to be tied on. It's got a nice hand. It tends to shed, kinks, so it won't get caught up in your blocks.
So this is buzz line by New England Rose. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSLTD.com.