New England Ropes Dyneema Chafe Sleeve (DCS) is designed to reduce friction around very tight radius applications such as halyards, stops, and soft shackles. Three size options permit use with cores of Dyneema, Technora, Vectran, PBO, and more. Use cover only in areas that see high abrasion or friction. Excels in areas where the line should slide, like halyard exits.
- Common applications for DCS include around eye splices, halyards at sheave box exit points, or anywhere there is high abrasion on a line. It is not recommended for use in clutches or cleats. Perfect for use with high tech cores or twelve strands.
- DCS cover as a very smooth almost slippery feel.
Cover Material: Dyneema
- The 100% Dyneema chafe sleeve is tightly woven with a 48-carrier twill pattern to stand up to the harshest of conditions.
Core Material: No Cover
End Termination: Melted, see note
- DCS can be fused together with heat, but whipping is recommended after installing core.
- Can be spliced with high tech double braid splice when installed over core although the tight weave makes splicing harder than average.
|Cover Size||Accepts Core (Inches)||Accepts Core (Millimeters)|
|5/32" (4mm)||1/8" - 5/32"||3mm - 4mm|
|1/4" (6mm)||3/16" - 1/4"||5mm - 6mm|
|5/16" (8mm)||1/4" - 5/16"||6mm - 8mm|