New England Ropes brightly colored double braided Dinghy Tow Rope is constructed with Nylon and Polypropylene. This creates a torque free and floating rope designed specifically as a tow rope or painter for dinghies. Use it for a tow rope or dinghy painter. Dinghy Tow Rope maintains its strength when wet or dry, is easy to handle and highly visible. Line holds well in cam and horn cleats.
- The Dinghy Tow Rope was designed as a tow rope for dinghies, although it works equally as well for towing inflatables behind cruising boats or a tow line for you small sailboat.
- Dinghy Tow Rope has a nubby cover and is a flexible non-hockling line.
Cover Material: Polypropylene
- The Polypropylene cover rope will not absorb water allowing it to stay lightweight.
Core Material: Nylon
- Braided uncoated nylon core.
End Termination: Melted
- This line melts easily for end termination.
- Easy to splice with a double braid eye splice..
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Painter/Tow Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
- floats and is bright yellow
- nothing really, it works perfectly in its application
Hi, this is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of dinghy tow rope by New England Ropes. This was specifically designed and is manufactured as a tow rope for dinghies, whether that's towing a Lightning or a Laser back in from the race course or towing an inflatable behind your cruising boat.
It's available in two diameters, 3/8” and 7/16”. The outside is a polypropylene which doesn't absorb water and is soft and flexible and then the inside is a nylon braid. It's a double braid. You can do a traditional double-braid eye splice with this. It's round. It's soft. It doesn't absorb water. It floats and it's highly visible. Again, this is the 3/8” and the core of the 3/8”, and 7/16” and the core of the 7/16”.
This is dinghy tow rope by New England Ropes. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.