New England Ropes Endura Braid is an APS favorite for all purpose needs on a racing or cruising boat when you want to reduce stretch in lines. Endura Braid features a Dyneema core and a polyester cover. With a very high strength to weight ratio, very low stretch, low creep and outstanding durability, Endura Braid is ideal for tapered sheets and halyards. It will not compress in cleats or clutches and feels good in hands.
- Common applications include all running rigging that requires a durable, low-stretch, lightweight line such as sheets, halyards, guys, topping lifts, reef lines, or low stretch control lines.
- Solid cover feels nice in hands while the textured weave makes handling easier.
Cover Material: Polyester
- Endura Braid’s polyester cover is solid with a textured weave making it comfortable to hold and handle.
Core Material: Dyneema DSK-78
- Dyneema DSK-78 is a low stretch, low-creep core. It is tightly woven, Marine-Tech coated, color –coded and UV resistant, so the cover can be stripped and buried for even lighter halyards and spinnaker sheets.
- Can be melted, however end whips are recommended for durability and to prevent cover and core from separating over time.
- Easily spliced with a high tech double braid splice.
- Can be stripped for weight savings.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy, Running Backstay|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|