New England Ropes Finish Line is the strongest pre-stretched line on the market. This small diameter double braid functions well across many dinghy control applications. With low-stretch and a durable cover that is nice on hands it is a perfect all-purpose control line for 420’s, V-15’s, Flying Scots, Hobies and other dinghies. Finish Line cleats and ties knots well.
- Common applications for Finish Line include dinghy outhauls, vang systems, cunninghams, hiking strap lines, centerboard lines, topping lifts, and halyards.
- A nubby cover holds knots well and feels nice on hands. This flexible line is slightly stiff and fast running through blocks.
Cover Material: Polyester
- Finish line has a tightly woven 8-strand polyester cover, which makes the line a little stiff and very durable.
Core Material: Polyester
- The core is a continuous filament polyester. Pre-stretched for performance, Finish Line is high strength and low stretch.
End Termination: Melted
- The ends of Finish Line will melt easily for termination.
- Cannot be spliced due to size.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
Hi. This is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Finish Line by New England Ropes.
This is an all polyester line. It is available in three colors and in four diameters, the 1/8", the 5/32", 3/16", and 1/4". A good all-around control line, halyard line on dinghies and on larger boats for some smaller control lines and just lashings. It is a 8 plait cover. It's kind of nubby. It's easy to hold on to. It's a parallel pre-stretched core. It's not strippable or spliceable. You would have to tie this on. Even this smaller 1/8" is got a nubby kind of feel, so it's got a bit of a texture that's easier to grip. It's very flexible. The 1/8", the 5/32", and the 3/16", and the 1/4".
This is Finish Line by New England Ropes. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.