New England Ropes' Flight Line is a low stretch, high-strength Dyneema blended double braid. With a polypropylene cover and Dyneema core, Flight Line comes in a variety of color-coded jackets and matching cores to make line identifying easy. It floats, will not absorb water and will remain lightweight when wet.
Flight Line works as well light air spinnaker sheets on larger one designs like Lightings and Thistles or as a mainsheet on performance dinghies. The line should be kept covered and not stripped for mainsheets or jib sheets.
- Common applications for Flight Line include mainsheets and jib sheets on dinghies and small keelboats. It can also be stripped for super lightweight spin sheets on dinghies.
- Flight Line is fairly flexible while maintaining its shape under load. The polypropylene cover feels soft in the hands.
Cover Material: Polypropylene
- Flight Line’s 24 carrier polypropylene jacket will not absorb water. Polypropylene covers have a shorter life in high friction applications, but the weight savings can be worth it. Stripping the thick cover works well with Flight Line's thinner coated cores, which provides aggressive downsizing.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- The 100% Dyneema core of Flight Line allows the cover to be stripped for extra weight savings. The core is coated for durability when stripped. Dyneema creates a super strong core with very low stretch.
End Termination: Melted
- Flight Line can be melted. End whips are recommended for durability and to keep the core and cover from separating over time.
- Can be spliced for a high tech DB. This can be a little harder than normal due to oversized cover and small core.
- Easily stripped and tapered to produce weight savings.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Spinnaker Sheet|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|