New England Ropes Poly Tec SK-78 Line is a high tech line built for performance. A Polyester and Technora blended cover combined with a Dyneema SK-78 core creates an abrasion resistant, low stretch line built for durability.
Poly Tec is perfect for all sheets or runners that see a lot of wear and tear on winches. With a nice feel and great grip, it is perfect for continuously handled lines like runner tails, mainsheets, and genoa or spinnaker sheets.
- Common applications include sheets as well as runner on large keelboats.
- Poly Tec has a grippy and easy to hold onto cover that remains smooth.
Cover Material: Polyester and Technora
- The Polyester and Technora blended cover create superior abrasion and cut resistance. The tight weave makes if more durable, although moderately difficult to splice.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- Poly Tec’s Dyneema SK-78 core is designed for low stretch performance. The coated core is constructed with a compact weave for durability when cover is removed. The core is easy to splice.
End Termination: Cut, then whipped
- The cover cannot be melted. To terminate the line should be whipped and sealed.
- Spliceable, Poly Tec makes a great high tech double braid eye splice.
- Stripped applications work well on spin sheets for big and small keelboats, especially sportboats.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy, Running Backstay|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Cover Material||Poyester, Technora|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|