New England Ropes Regatta Braid line is a unique 100% polyester 12-strand single braid. The soft touch and durability will not be degraded by UV rays, allowing it to hold up well over time. A great cruising boat line, Regatta Braid works well as a mainsheet, traveler, vang, outhaul or other control line.
- Regatta braid excels in cruising applications, especially mainsheets.
- Regatta braid is very soft and flexible with a nubby feel that’s easy to hold in hands.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Polyester
- The 12-strand polyester single braid is made with spun filament for improved handling and grip, even when wet. This line will absorb some water but the soft hand makes it great for sheets. Low degradation from UV light prolongs its life. Regatta braid will compress a little in cleats, and is not recommended for use with clutches. Cam cleat use is suggested.
End Termination: Melted
- Regatta braid can be melted for end termination.
- Very difficult to splice, not recommended
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|