New England Ropes V-100 Line is a 12-strand, single-braid Vectran cored line with a Polyester cover. V-100 is an incredibly strong line with no stretch and virtually no creep. This line works well as main, headsail or genoa halyards, tacklines, afterguys and guys and holds well in clutches. The minimal creep makes V-100 our post popular selling halyard line.
- Common applications for V-100 include headsail and main halyards, afterguys, and asymmetric tacklines.
- V-100 is a fairly stiff line with a smooth cover that feels nice in hands.
Cover Material: Polyester
- A tightly woven Polyester cover creates a very durable rope that is able to stand up to UV rays and abrasion.
Core Material: Vectran
- V-100 line has a 100% Vectran, 12-strand single braid core treated with Marine-Tech coating. The coated core and compact weave resists abrasion when cover is stripped. Be aware that Vectran cores are not as durable as Dyneema and stripped halyards will need regular UV and abrasion inspection.
End Termination: Melted
- Cannot be melted. End whips recommended to keep core and cover from separating.
- V-100 can be spliced with a high tech double spice.
- The coated core makes V-100 good for stripping.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Guy|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|