New England Ropes V-100 Line is a 12-strand, single-braid Vectran cored line with a Polyester cover. V-100 is an incredibly strong line with no stretch and virtually no creep. This line works well for halyards, and holds well in clutches. The minimal creep makes V-100 one of our most popular selling halyard lines.
- Common applications for V-100 include main, headsail or spinnaker halyards, afterguys or asymmetric tacklines.
- V-100 is a fairly stiff line with a smooth cover that feels nice in hands.
Cover Material: Polyester
- A tightly woven Polyester cover creates a very durable rope that is able to stand up to UV rays and abrasion.
Core Material: Vectran
- V-100 line has a 100% Vectran, 12-strand single braid core treated with Marine-Tech coating. The coated core and compact weave resists abrasion when cover is stripped. Be aware that Vectran cores are not as durable as Dyneema and stripped halyards will need regular UV and abrasion inspection.
End Termination: Melted
- Cannot be melted. End whips recommended to keep core and cover from separating.
- V-100 can be spliced with a high tech double spice.
- The coated core makes V-100 good for stripping.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Guy|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|
- Price, low stretch, durability, easy to use
- more than 1 year(s)
Have not tapered and don't recommend tapering because the core is effected more by UV. Eye splices are very easy to make.
This is a stiffer line, would not use as sheet line. Guys and halyards on larger keel boats, absolutely!
- Low creep, High Strength
- Slips in clutches under extremely high load, fixed issue by inserting a smaller line into the core where the clutch engages