New England Ropes VPC Line is a blended double braid. The polyester cover and Vectran blended core create a low-stretch, no creep performance line. VPC utilizes Hybrid Performance Technology blending Vectran and polyolefin fibers covered with a polyester jacket.
Because VPC offers lower stretch at a lower price, it is a great economical choice for sailors who are tired of halyards stretching. Terrific cruising main and jib halyard, especially for furling jibs that stay aloft all the time. With improved strength over solid polyester lines makes for good main and jib/genoa sheets that see high loads.
- Designed with the casual racer and offshore cruiser in mind, VPC will result in noticeable performance improvements when used for mainsheets, halyards, or jib sheets.
- The slightly nubby cover is easy to hold onto, and holds well in cleats and clutches.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The durable polyester cover is easy to handle, cleat and clutch and does not absorb water.
Core Material: Vectran/ Polypropylene Blend
- The Vectran / Polypropylene blended core creates a high strength, low stretch, no-creep alternative to a high tech line. This core allows VPC to fill the gap between performance polyester lines and ultra-high performance racing lines.
End Termination: Melted
- Cover will melt but Vectran core will not. Whipping is recommended to add durability and prevent fraying over time.
- VPC can be easily spliced with a high tech double braid splice.
- Blended core is not coated and should not be stripped. Not durable enough without cover.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Polypropylene, Vectran|
- more than 11 month(s)