Samson Ropes AS-90 brings high-tech performance to a new level with Dyneema SK-90 fiber technology.
This rope has a 12% increase in strength and greater linear elastic stiffness, that results in less elongation with an increasing load when compared with other Dyneema fiber lines.
Maintains the same lightweight, durable and easy handling that characterizes a Dyneema line. It offers higher strength in any given diameter than nearly any other line
*Some diameters have a small yellow tracer in the line.
- These applications are appropriate for use when extreme loads are expected. AS-90 offers higher strength in any given diameter than nearly any other line. Uncovered applications include multi-part purchase systems and wire replacement. Covered, AS-90 works well as lightweight sheets for big boats, main and headsail halyards, control lines, running backstay and afterguys.
- AS-90 has a very smooth, slick feeling making it inappropriate for use in cleats or clutches without a cover added. It is lightweight, and easy to handle.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: 100% Dyneema SK-90
- SK-90's 12-strand construction provides a 12% increase in strength and greater linear elastic stiffness, which results in less elongation with increasing loads when compared with other Dyneema fiber lines. Its tight weave improves durability. Stronger than SK-75 & 78.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends can be melted but the line does not melt together as well as polyester. However, Dyneema will fuse together and the tight weave will limit fraying. Whip ends for extra durability.
- Easily spliced with a 12-Strand Eye Splice.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Backstay|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-90|
Hi. This is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of AS-90 Dyneema from Samson Ropes.
This is a single braid product made of 100% DSK-90 Dyneema which is the latest and greatest evolution of Dyneema. It is at least 12% stronger than any previous Dyneemas. It has amazing properties. Diameter-for-diameter this is basically the strongest fiber that you can have on the market for the most place. It is abrasion resistant. It's UV stable. It doesn't absorb water. Creep has pretty much been engineered out of this Dyneema, just a real work horse. It's available in 1/8” up to 3/8” and this could be used for any application where you've got high static loads where you don't want any creep, any stretch. You want some abrasion resistance.
It also offers you the ability to ... Well, if this was a halyard you could sleeve part of this where it's going to be handled, cleated, clutched, winched. We could put on a polyester cover. We could put on a high-tech cover for abrasion resistance, leave the working end uncovered to save on weight. To put an eye splice in it would be just a standard 12-strand eye splice. Starting here I've cut a couple of examples. This is the 1/8” and the braid angle there is kind of medium. Moving up to the 3/16” and another example, this is 5/16”.
This is AS-90 Dyneema by Samson Ropes. For this and all of your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.