Samson Ropes Control DPX Line is a single braid that combines two unique fibers to produce a line that has grip and "soft-hand" feel of spun polyester with the benefit of lightweight strength.
- DPX makes a good control line on keelboats. Jib sheets, mainsheets or spinnaker sheets on dinghies or small keelboats. Good for all sheets on dinghies & small keelboats, especially ideal for mainsheet applications.
- Easy to hold onto and flexible construction. It will compress somewhat in your hand and under loads. Not recommended for use in clutches or V cleats, only cam cleats
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Dyneema/Polyester with DPX
- The combination of Dyneema with Samson's DPX fiber technology brings you the best abrasion and cut resistance of all high performance fibers. This 12-strand single braid is extremely durable, easy to splice, lightweight, easy on the hands and winch- and cleat-friendly. It runs well through blocks without kinking. DPX improves the grip and gives it the soft hand feel of a spun polyester.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends can be melted easily.
- Very loose weave makes splicing simple. Can easily add a 12 strand eye splice for attachment to becket of mainsheet block. Easily spliced making it work well on sheets and control lines.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|
|Core Material||Polyester, Dyneema SK-78|
Hi, this is Kyle from APS. I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Control DPX line by Samson Ropes. This line is available in two different diameters, 5/16” and 3/8”, and the one color way. It's a single braid construction. The braid is such that you can do a 12 strand splice, an eye splice, on the end if you like.
What makes this unique is the blend of polyester and Dymeena in here. You've got this white part that looks kind of like a worsted wool almost. It's very soft and fuzzy. It's easy to hold on to. That's the DPX where they've put together polyester and Dyneema so it's grippable. It's still abrasion resistant and low stretch. Some very unique properties to this line. Again, very soft and flexible, low stretch, spliceable, and available in two diameters.
This is Control DPX by Samson Ropes. For these and all your other line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.