The Samson Ropes MLX core combines unique polypropylene fibers with Dyneema to create a low stretch, high-strength, lightweight line. This combination makes for a terrific keelboat sheet or control line that is less costly than rope made exclusively of Dyneema.
For the classic look, check out the solid white color - the perfect line to compliment your bright work without sacrificing performance.
- Mainsheets, jib sheets and control lines. Keelboat genoa and spinnaker sheets, halyards.
- Moderately stiff, good firm hand feel, does not compress
Cover Material: Polyester
- The 24 strand Polyester cover is very durable and tightly woven. Feels great in hand while still providing good grip on winches and clutches.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-75/Polypropylene Blend
- Core is constructed with Polypropylene and a hefty about of Dyneema, making this stronger than other blended core lines. Blended core offers higher strength and substantially lower stretch than a 100% polyester line, but at a lower cost than pure Dyneema or Vectran core lines. Samthane coated to match the cover, making the line strippable for greater weight savings.
End Termination: Melted
- The blended fibers of this line can be melted easily.
- Can be spliced with a High Tech Double Braid Splice.
- Cover can be stripped to save weight, but not encouraged because the weave is somewhat lose and polypropylene part of core is susceptible to abrasion & UV. If desired, MLX is ok for halyard use but sheets should not be stripped as they see more wear and tear.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78, Polypropylene|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|