One of the softest, easy to hold ropes we sell. Samson Ropes Trophy Braid line was specifically constructed to be easy to hold in hand while staying securely in place in ratchets and winches. You may find that you need one less wrap on a winch, making for smoother tacks.
- Trophy Braid is excellent for cruising sailors who want a rope with a soft hand. Use as cruising sheets of all types, and control lines like travelers that will get handled often.
- Soft and fuzzy, easy to hold in hands. Fuzziest line we supply.
Cover Material: Spun Polyester
- The Polyester cover is spun to create a soft, matte, nonslip finish that is easy on the hands and provides a solid grip on winch drums and in cleats. Cover is durable, and a fairly loose weave, which makes it very flexible.
Core Material: Polyester
- This polyester core is on the stretchy side, therefore not recommend for halyards. The core is used as a bulking agent that helps to create a line that does not compress easily and maintains its shape.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends are easily melted but can be whipped for added durability.
- Easy to splice sizes over 1/4" with a Double Braid Splice.
- Cannot be stripped - the polyester core is not durable enough without the cover.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
Write Your Own Review
- Nice hand for a mainsheet. Review by sailonset
Time to replace the 30-year old one! Easy to add an eye splice for the becket.
(Posted on 7/20/2016)
- braided line Review by cap
This product met my expectations.
(Posted on 3/1/2016)