Samson Ropes Ultra Lite line is extremely low stretch, lightweight and strong. It floats and will not absorb water. The construction of this offers a 26% weight savings over 100% polyester lines.
- Good light air spin sheet on dinghies and small keelboats. Perfect for those light air days when extra weight at the clews can collapse your sail. Good for mainsheets or jib sheets when you want a lightweight line with no water absorption.
- Has a very tight cover and is a fairly stiff line, which helps it run through blocks. The grippy texture helps it hold in cleats well and will not compress under load.
Cover Material: Polypropylene
- The 24 carrier polypropylene cover has been engineered with a coating for added wear life. Polypropylene not UV stable so this rope should be kept covered when not in use or it will turn crackly-uncomfortable on hands. Expect a slightly shorter cover life than a 100% polyester line, but it is not a bad trade-off given the weight savings.
Core Material: Dyneema Polypropylene Blend
- The blending of Dyneema in this core adds strength to the lightweight polypropylene fibers.
End Termination: Melted
- The ends will melt easily, but can also be whipped for added durability.
- Can be spliced in sizes 1/4" and larger with a High Tech Double Braid Splice. The tight cover makes splicing a little harder than normal.
- Cannot be stripped - the blended core is not durable enough without the cover.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Spinnaker Sheet|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78, Polypropylene|