High strength, low stretch, and added weight savings make the Samson Ropes WarpSpeed II the high-performance racer's choice for double braid ropes.
- Great line for any application that demands low stretch properties such as all sheets, control lines and halyards. With the cover stripped this line makes for great spin sheets or weight saving halyards.
- Fairly smooth line, with a little stiffness.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The cover is a flexible 24-strand polyester that provides good handling, excellent holding in cleats and clutches, and enhanced abrasion resistance. Not to mention the mottled cover design gives extra cool look.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- Core is coated and tightly woven, which provides added durability when cover is stripped back. As always, Dyneema SK-78 fiber gives this line its exceptional strength, with low stretch and lightweight characteristics.
End Termination: Melted
- Can be melted at ends - end whips are suggested for increased durability over time to keep cover and core from separating.
- Easily spliced with a High Tech Double Braid - slightly more difficult on a 5/16" due to the tighter cover.
- Cover can be easily stripped when needed for greater weight savings.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy, Running Backstay|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|