High strength, low stretch, and added weight savings make the Samson Ropes WarpSpeed II the high-performance racer's choice for double braid ropes.
- Great line for any application that demands low stretch properties such as all sheets, control lines and halyards. With the cover stripped this line makes for great spin sheets or weight saving halyards.
- Fairly smooth line, with a little stiffness.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The cover is a flexible 24-strand polyester that provides good handling, excellent holding in cleats and clutches, and enhanced abrasion resistance. Not to mention the mottled cover design gives extra cool look.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- Core is coated and tightly woven, which provides added durability when cover is stripped back. As always, Dyneema SK-78 fiber gives this line its exceptional strength, with low stretch and lightweight characteristics.
End Termination: Melted
- Can be melted at ends - end whips are suggested for increased durability over time to keep cover and core from separating.
- Easily spliced with a High Tech Double Braid - slightly more difficult on a 5/16" due to the tighter cover.
- Cover can be easily stripped when needed for greater weight savings.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy, Running Backstay|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|
Very easy to eye-splice and I would say easily tapered but have not done so.
These would make good spinnaker sheet lines or foreguys.
If you don't mind a little extra stretch and aren't using under extremely high loads in a clutch, this is an excellent replacement for the slightly more expensive Endura Braid line. Would not use this line for jib or main halyards due to the extra stretch and slippage in clutch.
Will try to insert a small diameter dyneema line into the Warpspeed core to make the overall diameter larger where the clutch meets the line. Hopefully, this would solve the slippage issue.
- Slips in clutch with High load
Hi, this is Kyle from APS, and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Samson Ropes’ WarpSpeed II line. Available in three colors, stocked in diameters 5/16 and 3/8, it is a double braid construction with 100% polyester jacket. It's a tightly woven, smooth but not slippery jacket, rather flexible line, and the core is 100% DSK-78 Dyneema. It is a coated core so you can strip the jacket and bury it, if you want to reduce the weight at the working end, and because it's a high tech core it would take a high tech eye splice if you'd like one.
Here is the 5/16, again a rather flexible line, and the core of the 5/16 opens up nicely. In the 3/8, nice and flexible, and the core on the 3/8. WarpSpeed II by Samson Ropes.
For these and any of your line needs, visit up at apsltd.com.