Cruising sailors looking for optimal performance will appreciate the Samson Ropes XLS Line. It is a durable, workhorse of a line that is well suited for all halyards, sheets and control lines.
The many colors available make it easy to color code sheets and halyards. This ensures that any crew, experienced or not, can always identify which line to pull.
- Good for cruising sheets, control lines and halyards.
- Has a smooth cover that is comfortable hand.
Cover Material: Polyester
- XLS is made with enhanced durability through its 3-end per carrier cover construction. The smooth cover holds well in cleats and clutches.
Core Material: Polyester
- Braided polyester that does not compress easily and maintains its shape.
End Termination: Melted
- Easily melted ends but can be whipped for added durability.
- Easily spliced with a Double Braid Eye Splice.
Core is not strong enough for stripping as double braid polyesters carry the load in both the cover and the core, and is uncoated.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
- Easy to splice
- Having one more color option would be nice when replace many lines at the same time
Hi, this is Kyle from APS. I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of XLS line by Samson Ropes.
This is a double braid polyester. It's available in diameters ¼’ to ½”. It is a bit of a ... It's got a bit more texture or a nub, if you will, to the braid on the jacket, so it feels nice in the hand. Maybe a little grippable, more grippable. Starting with the ¼”, all of these are spliceable in terms of putting an eye splice in them using a double braid eye.
This is a ¼”, very flexible and the core, a ¼”. Going up to 5/16”, still a nice, soft flexible hand and the core. Moving up to 3/8” and the core on the 3/8”. Now 7/16” and the core on the 7/16”. And the ½” and the core on the ½”.
XLS line by Samson Ropes. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSLTD.com.