The Tan Sperry Sea Kite Sport Moc combines the performance of an athletic shoe with the classic style of a traditional boat shoe. This versatile, updated design will keep you dry, comfortable and stable all day.
Water-resistant leather and breathable mesh make for a shoe that is perfect for long days out on the water.
A rubber non-marking outsole with razor-cut siping disperses water underfoot to reduce slippage on both wet and dry surfaces. A 360 lacing system gives a secure comfort fit, and rustproof eyelets ensure a long lasting shoe.
- Razor-cut Wave-Siping on sole for ultimate dry/wet traction
- Compression molded EVA midsole for added cushioning
- Comfortable water resistant lining
- Removable compression molded EVA footbed for quick drying and maximum comfort
- Water resistant leather construction
- Mesh uppers and linings promote quick drying
- Pull tab for easy on/off
- 360 lacing system for secure comfort fit
|Features||Breathable, Water Repellent, Fast Dry|
|Recommended Use||Casual - On Land|
|Material / Fabric||Leather, EVA footbed, Mesh|
The major drawback to these shoes is that the soles wear out and once they do, the shoes become ineffective in wet conditions. Sailing for roughly eight hours a day 4-5 days a week, these shoes lasted me about four months, though for the more casual sailor these will last much longer. A key point to remember about these, as with all boat shoes, is that if you want them to last for intensive sailing it's a good idea to only wear them on and around the boat. After the grip has worn down they do still make comfortable walking around town shoes.
To summarize, this shoe is a practical and comfortable sailing shoe and does not sacrifice anything in terms of looks for its performance. I would recommend this shoe to just about anyone, though with a particular bent to the more casual, less intensive sailor.
- Appearance, Comfort, Practicality