Although it is not designed specifically for sailing, the Ironman Watch with FLIX by Timex is a great overall sporting watch that has all the bells and whistles you'll need for life out on the race course and much more. The countdown timer is easy to set and adjust so if you miss the 5, you can easily reset to catch the 4. The Chrono function works great for PHRF racers when tracking how well (or in some rare cases, how poorly) your time compares to other boats crossing the line. For distance racers the five programmable alarms comes in handy when planning for your next watch. One unique feature is the FLIX system. Just a quick flick of your wrist and a sharp stop activates the night light for 5 seconds. It's a handy feature to have when using two hands to check the time is less than convenient.
- Ironman Triathlon 100-Lap with FLIX System
- Indiglo night-light with Night-Mode feature
- All-day-white reflector display
- Lightweight watch with comfortable black Resin Strap
- 199 Lap counter
- 5 alarms settable for daily/weekday/weekend/weekly
- 2 time zones
- Forward or backward setting
- Built-in setting reminders
- Water-resistant to 100m
- 100-hour chronograph with lap/split in large digits
- 100-lap memory recall
- On-the-fly recall of lap or split - Top pusher for easy lap and split
- Training log: Stores by date, w/ best lap, average lap and total segment time
- 24-Hour countdown timer with the option of countdown/stop or countdown/repeat
Stern Scoop: Product review of the Timex Ironman Watch
Countdown timer can be quickly set for hours, minutes, and seconds. Quickly scroll up or down to set with sequence.
Unlike many digital watches, easy to change the battery and it retains water integrity. For $5 you can extend the warranty to five years - read the directions that come with it.
- Easy to set count down
- A little over-styled
- Easy to use and lasts forever
- Doesn't have a sailing sync funtion
Sure, it doesn’t have large type or sync features like say the Gill watch, but it also doesn’t do as much damage to the wallet. For the price of this bad boy you get a whole lot of watch that will serve you well both on and off the race course. In short, I’ve had this watch for nearly four years and despite hardly ever taking it off it is still going strong.
From Matt in Sales and Customer Service.