ARE WE OVER? DO WE NEED TO HEAD BACK?
With the Velocitek ProStart you can take these questions out of the equation and continue your steady course to the next mark. Not only is this device a compass, GPS, speed, heading and start timer but it also has the unique feature of telling you your distance to the line.
Setting the line with the ProStart is as simple as telling your crew to press the boat button as you sail by the RC and then the pin button as you sail by the pin. Once you've pinged both ends of the line, the ProStart uses the latest WAAS-augmented GPS technology to spit out an accurate distance to line measurement twice a second.
After the starting gun, the ProStart immediately switches over to race mode where it will give you speed, heading, max speed, averages and GPS. In addition to providing you real-time, on-the-water data, the ProStart constantly records your speed, heading and position to keep a running log of your most recent 30 hours of sailing.
Once you get back on shore, you can download this data to your Mac or PC and create race replay animations. However if you just want a quick snapshot of your hard days work (bragging rights evidence) you can recall your session's absolute maximum and best 10 second average speeds with the click of a single clearly-marked button.
- Accurate, easy to set up, distance-to-line measurements & countdown timer
- Automatically switches to showing real-time speed and heading after the start
- Ultra-simple user interface with clearly marked buttons is easy to explain to crew members
- GPS data downloading is Mac and Windows compatible
- Compatible with ProStart Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (twice a second)
- Water Resistance: 3m (10 ft.), waterproofing code - IPX-8
- Velocitek ProStart
- Mounting cradle (compatible with Velocitek Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket)
- USB cable
- Two Velocitek stickers
- Top button label stickers
- Quick Start Guide
- Nylon storage sleeve