The Weems &Plath SOS Distress Light is the first and ONLY LED Visual Distress Signal Device that meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. Unlike traditional flares, this electronic flare never expires which solves the challenge of flare disposal. This floating electronic flare can be hand-held, tethered, or hoisted aloft. It runs up to 60 hours, unlike traditional flares which last minutes or less.
- U.S. Coast Guard compliant for “Night Visual Distress Signals” (Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013)
- Flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- When combined with a daytime distress signal flag (included in package), meets ALL USCG Federal Requirements for DAY and NIGHT use in lieu of traditional flares
- Floats with lens-up to optimize both the all-around horizontal and vertical light beams
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- No expiration
- Battery operated (3 C-cell Alkaline) with smiple twist-on operation - *Batteries not included*