What can it do? The better question might be, what can't the WindMate WM-300 by WeatherHawk do?
In addition to wind speed and digital wind direction, the relative humidity sensor, wind chill, wet bulb, dew point, and Delta T make this a comprehensive instrument for any sailor or outdoor enthusiast. This unit features a USA-made fluxgate compass for precise digital wind direction measurement, and it can also be used to calculate crosswind, head/tail wind readings. Unlike a traditional compass, the WindMate reads when held vertically and can be used to take a bearing on a distant landmark or reference location. The WM-300 includes the Accuweather.com patented Comfort Indexﾙ, which is the effect of temperature, wind speed, relative humidity and sun intensity on the human body for a superior human based reference to Heat Index. All wind functions are displayed in user selected units, digital wind direction is displayed in degrees & compass points -- all units are measured/displayed down to tenths. An EL backlight is built in for low light operation. Also features a rugged, water-resistant case with an adjustable lanyard. All WindMates are designed with a wind speed accuracy of better than +/- 3% and have a 2-Year warranty.
- Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Temperature, Relative Humidity (self calibrating), Wind Chill, Wet Bulb, Dew Point, Delta T/Comfort Index (Accuweather.com patented), Digital Compass Displays
- Displays current, maximum and average wind speed
- Reports wind direction in both degrees and compass points
- Calculates head, tail and cross wind
- Optional units for display: Mph, km/h, kt, ft/min, m/s, BF (Beaufort)
- Water resistant and floats
- Folding cover
- Auto Shutdown
- Replaceable 400 hour battery included
- Lanyard included
- Tripod fitting
Write Your Own Review
- Exelent Review by Tai
It is an exellent tool not only for saylors but allso for agricultural work. It give accurate results and easyto use it.
(Posted on 4/27/2016)