Yale Cordage Line Cover Only allows you to match your choice of 12-strand cores with Yale's hardwearing, 24 carrier/3ply Thin Sleeve Technology (TST) cover.
This cover is identical to the cover found on Yale Maxibraid plus or Crystalyne lines. It is manufactured specifically to sleeve any 12-strand cores. Also used when installing a second "bulking" cover.
Premium, solution-dyed Polyester for extended wear and color retention. The solid colors make for easy line identification in high-pressure situations.
- Can be installed over any 12-strand core - Dyneema or Vectran. Use over cleated or high wear areas for durability and grip, over part of a line to create custom stripped halyard, or the entire length to create your own custom line. Also used as a second "bulking" cover. *Finished line with a properly installed cover tends to be slightly under diameter, so do not hesitate to consult us.
- Smooth and tightly woven.
Cover Material: Polyester
- Cover Only is a durable polyester outer cover. It is a hardwearing 24 carrier/3ply Thin Sleeve Technology (TST) cover that is smooth and long lasting. Premium, solution-dyed Polyester for extended wear and color retention. The solid colors make for easy line identification. This cover is manufactured specifically to sleeve 12-strand cores. Same cover used for Yale Crystalyne and MaxiBraid lines.
Core Material: No core
End Termination: Melted
- The polyester fibers allow this line to be easily melted.
- Spliced with a High Tech Double Braid if installed over 12-Strand core.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Accepts Core (Inches)||Accepts Core (Millimeters)|
|Line Construction||Cover Only|
Hi, this is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Cover Only by Yale Cordage.
This is 100% polyester cover, it's the same jacket they put on Crystaline and Maxi Braid Plus. They've been making this for us for a long time. We were always happy with the cover on those two jackets, so we had them start making this for us. We use this to cover high tech single braids like Dyneema and Vectran.
It is a tubular construction, 100% polyester, it is a 24 carrier, three ply, what they call a thin sleeve technology. We just know it wears well and it's nice to work with. Available in five sizes, these are the finished outside diameter sizes once you've put this over top something. This would be 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16" and 1/2", available in four colors. The rule of thumb is the finished size, diameter is 1/2", I buy a 1/2" cover, the cord that I would put in here would be two sizes down. Again, just a general rule of thumb.
If this is 1/2", I would be putting a core of 3/8" in there. For 7/16" cover, I would be putting a 5/16" core in there. For 3/8" finished, I'd be putting a 3/16" core in there. Then for 5/16", generally speaking, I'd put a 5/32", and for 1/4", I'd put an 1/8" core in there. There's a little give and take, depending on how much tension you put on this. I can make this a little bit wider, a little bit thinner, but that rule of thumb is how we deal with it here at APS.
We also use these for putting a bulking spice together, something that's already covered, but its' not really holding well in a clutch and it just needs more surface area. If it was a 3/8" and the clutch will take it, we could take a 1/2" and add a second jacket, look at all that extra surface area we've created for the clutch to hold onto.
This is Cover Only, by Yale Cordage. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSLTD.com.