Race tested by Grand Prix crews for many seasons, Yale Cordage MaxiBraid Plus' Spectra core has been proven to provide high working loads, low stretch, high abrasion resistance, zero water absorption and UV stability.
A very popular line here at APS. MaxiBraid works great for low stretch control lines, mainsheets and jib sheets on keelboats.
There are a multitude of solid colors to choose from, which makes it easy to color code and identify lines on board - easy to say "release the yellow halyard" and crew know what you mean.
- Great for low stretch control lines, mainsheets and jib sheets on keelboats. Expect us to recommend this line for everything but upwind halyards.
- Smooth line is more flexible than many Dyneema cored lines.
Cover Material: Polyester
- Maxibraid has a durable polyester outer cover. It is a hardwearing 24 carrier/3ply Thin Sleeve Technology (TST) cover that is smooth and long lasting. It has good grip in cleats and clutches, and runs smoothly through blocks. Same cover used for Yale Crystalyne and Cover only.
Core Material: Spectra 900
- MaxiBraid's Spectra core provides strength, high abrasion resistance, zero water absorption, and UV stability. Spectra 900 is not as strong as Dyneema SK-78 and will experience a bit more stretch, but has cost savings is a nice trade off. Has a relatively open weave. Less durable with cover stripped on lines that experience a lot of abrasion like sheets. Core is coated with Yale's protective MaxiJacket coating.
End Termination: Melted
- Can be melted at ends - end whips are suggested for increased durability over time to keep cover and core from separating.
- Easily spliced with a High Tech Double Braid Splice. Yale has developed a special splice for this line that incorporates a tucked core yet covered as a conventional double braid. The advantage to this splice is no movement of the eye in service and a greatly shortened internal tail making the rope more flexible and less prone to being damaged adjacent to the eye.
- Easily stripped cover
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Spectra 900|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|