The best of braiding and plaited rope technology is combined in Yale's Nylon Brait to provide you with a high energy-absorbing rope that minimizes wear and tear at deck and dock hardware attachment points.
Nylon Brait absorbs 75% more energy than 3-strand rope and 85% more than Nylon double braid. It is easy to splice, and unlike 3-strand braid, it does not get stiff and tangled as it ages.
Racing boats can save weight on anchor lines by using Brait. With its greater energy absorption, you may be able to use of smaller, lighter anchors and anchor lines on your race boat.
As dock lines, Brait inflicts less wear and tear on deck and dock hardware. Its greater energy absorption reduces pull out strain on the anchor and translates to a lower load – and less wear and tear for deck hardware.
- Great dock line for all sizes of boats. Significant improvement over traditional 3 strand dock lines – better for boat, easier to handle. As dock lines use 3/8" for boats to 20', 1/2" for boats to 30' and 5/8" for boats to 40'.
- Smooth, shiny, nubby braid that grips well on horn cleats
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: 100% Nylon
- Nylon Brait's most outstanding feature is its high energy absorption which comes from a combination of the very long yarn path required to make a plaited rope, and stranditure developed especially to maximize energy absorption. Nylon Brait absorbs 75% more energy than 3-strand rope and 85% more than Nylon double braid.
End Termination: Melted
- Can be easily melted but end whips can be used to add extra durability.
Brait is easily spliced and delivers 100% of the rope's advertised strength. Eye splices are a 8-strand plaited rope splice
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Dock Line, Anchor Line/Rode, Painter/Tow Line|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|
- No tangles - ever
- The eye splice required is unique and took some time to learn
Hi, this is Kyle from APS, and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of nylon braid line by Yale Cordage.
This is a phenomenal anchor rode and dock line. If you're still using 3-strand, you should take a look at this. This has up to 75% more energy absorption than 3-strand. It doesn't tangle like if you're using a windlass and this is going down into the anchor locker. How many of us have experienced 3-strand when it gets that twist and it just won't come out and you've got to go forward and ... You could put a mile of this on top of it, and it just doesn't create any of those twists or kinks that make it difficult to get it out of the locker or to go through a windlass.
This is a spliceable line. It uses a nylon braid eye splice because of its unique braid here. It's actually braided back into itself. It's available in 5 diameters. I have here 3/8”, ½”, and 5/8”. We also have ¾” and 1” inch. We've had people come in and have an experience with this and come back to us weeks later and basically replace every dock line on their entire boat with this because they enjoy it, especially as a dock line because of the energy absorption. You don't get any jolting if you're in an area that's got some surge going on. It's much gentler to your deck hardware. If you're on board when the boat's sloshing around at the dock, it doesn't have that hard stop if you will.
Okay, so this, very soft. This is the 3/8”, the ½” inch, and the 5/8”.
This is nylon braid by Yale Cordage. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.