The best of braiding and plaited rope technology is combined in Yale's Nylon Brait to provide you with a high energy-absorbing rope that minimizes wear and tear at deck and dock hardware attachment points.
Nylon Brait absorbs 75% more energy than 3-strand rope and 85% more than Nylon double braid. It is easy to splice, and unlike 3-strand braid, it does not get stiff and tangled as it ages.
Racing boats can save weight on anchor lines by using Brait. With its greater energy absorption, you may be able to use of smaller, lighter anchors and anchor lines on your race boat.
As dock lines, Brait inflicts less wear and tear on deck and dock hardware. Its greater energy absorption reduces pull out strain on the anchor and translates to a lower load – and less wear and tear for deck hardware.
- Great dock line for all sizes of boats. Significant improvement over traditional 3 strand dock lines – better for boat, easier to handle. As dock lines use 3/8" for boats to 20', 1/2" for boats to 30' and 5/8" for boats to 40'.
- Smooth, shiny, nubby braid that grips well in cleats
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: 100% Nylon
- Nylon Brait's most outstanding feature is its high energy absorption which comes from a combination of the very long yarn path required to make a plaited rope, and stranditure developed especially to maximize energy absorption. Nylon Brait absorbs 75% more energy than 3-strand rope and 85% more than Nylon double braid.
End Termination: Melted
- Can be easily melted but end whips can be used to add extra durability.
- Brait is easily spliced and delivers 100% of the rope's advertised strength.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Dock Line, Anchor Line/Rode, Painter/Tow Line|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|