Yale Cordage Ph. D. Racer line uses a new approach to line manufacturing. Ph. D (Performance handling Delivered) is constructed using spun polyester twisted over spectra 10000. The very high spectra content is impressive for it's size making Ph.D low stretch.
Comfortable, almost fuzzy hand feel makes it easier to grip. On winches it grips the surface securely so fewer wraps are needed with less slipping. Knots and hitches hold tightly even in high load applications.
Ph. D. offers the softness and flexibility found in other Dyneema blended single braids combined with less elongation and improved durability. Fast running through multiple purchase systems.
- Good mainsheet and control line on keelboats. Good jib sheets, mainsheets and spinnaker sheets on dinghies and small keelboats.
- A very flexible and grippy line (grippy = holds easily). Has a nubby feeling because it’s a single braid – the spun polyester cover it a very soft and fuzzy feeling.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Spun Polyester twisted over Spectra 1000
- This low stretch line offers softness and flexibility so knots and hitches hold tightly, even in high load applications. On winches it grips the surface securely so fewer wraps are needed with less slipping. This line is finished with Yale iGrip coating for the most secure grip and improved durability.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends can be easily melted but consider adding an End Whip for extra durability.
- Can be spliced but the resulting eye splice is quite larger diameter.
- Splice with a 12-strand splice.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|
|Core Material||Polyester, Dyneema SK-78|