ULS (Ultra Low Stretch) Yacht Braid from Yale Cordage is a double-braid polyester made with a low angle braided core. With advances in polyester fiber and this low angle core construction, ULS now maintains improved strengths, lower stretch, and improved tensile strength over traditional double braids.
This all-purpose cruising workhorse line is Ideal for just about any application where you do not need to step up to a zero stretch line. Lots of color options for easy identification.
- Halyards and sheets. Good for basically all lines on cruising boats – an all-purpose workhorse (true of all 3 poly double braids)
- Smooth, low shine, fairly flexible, and easy to hold
Cover Material: Polyester
- With it firm hand and a smooth 24-strand braided Polyester cover, ULS is easy to handle and ensures secure cleating.
Core Material: Polyester
- Its polyester fiber and the low angle construction of the core, ULS maintains improved strength, lower stretch, and improved tensile strength over traditional double braids.
End Termination: Yes
- Ends can be easily melted but consider adding an End Whip for extra durability.
- Easy to splice cover with a Double Braid Eye Splice.
- The polyester core is not durable enough without the protective cover.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|